ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT FOR FAIRLIGHT PARISH COUNCIL
This accessibility statement applies to www.fairlightparishcouncil.org.uk .
This website is run by Fairlight Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
• change colours, contrast levels and fonts
• zoom in without the text spilling off the screen
• navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• listen to most of the website using a screen reader.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
HOW ACCESSIBLE IS THIS WEBSITE?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
• the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
• you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
• most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
• you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader.
FEEDBACK AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
• email firstname.lastname@example.org
• call 07487 822729
• Use the Contact page.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five working days.
REPORTING ACCESSIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH THIS WEBSITE
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Fairlight Parish Clerk on 07487 822729 or email email@example.com .
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S ACCESSIBILITY
Fairlight Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
1. The template used for the website contains certain html tags for system purposes only, but these are not visible to users of the website and do not affect usability.
2. HTML anchor tags contain no text as they are used for system purposes only and are filled dynamically as people use the page.
3. The search input box has no label text as it uses a place holder description.
4. We may have some scanned PDF documents on our website. Scanned PDF documents do not comply with the Accessibility Regulations 2018 but these documents can be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media, on request.
5. It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content.
6. It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
PREPARATION OF THIS ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
This statement was prepared on Monday 28 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 28 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 19 October 2020. The test was carried out by Fairlight Parish Council.
Two Parish Councillors responsible for the website carryout fortnightly checks:
• The Parish Council
• Other Contacts
We used the methodology described in “Website Accessibility Requirements” produced by NALC. This website was tested using the Microsoft Accessibility Insights for Web tool recommended in the NALC publication.